WHAT’S YOUR STORY TODAY? is an invitation to share your daily feelings, thoughts, observations and ideas in haiku form as a creative diary. This is a link to the video presentation for this activity which has been created for the current STAY AT HOME LITERARY FESTIVAL #SAHLF2021 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGbggR6flrA
& on TikTok (a 1st for me!!) https://www.tiktok.com/@stay_at_home_lit_fest/video/6955429559491759365?lang=en&is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1
To inspire you, think about gathering ideas together by answering any of these questions and see where they take you?
- How are you feeling today describe that emotion as a colour, taste, weather condition, smell, place?
- Choose three things in your home that mean something to you and describe them, maybe draw or photograph them too?
- Where would you like to be right now, describe a favourite place real or imagined?
- What are you dreaming about doing today, this can be something you wish you could do but can’t, something you miss doing or something you have always wanted to do – let your imagination fly!
- Who would you most like to see today and why?
- What have you done today, describe that journey, walk, job, activity, daydream… again use images too if you wish?
- Describe what you see outside your window, maybe take a photo or video too?
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
- Find a keepsake, hold it, close your eyes and describe where this takes you?
With each question, write down your ideas – you can also draw or take a photograph or a video too. Condense your ideas to fit into a haiku of 3 lines where the first line is made up of 5 syllables the middle 7 syllables and a final line of 5 syllables but this is a guideline not a rule and less is also welcome eg lines of 3/5/3 syllables.
Share your haiku here in comments below and/or on THE DAILY HAIKU and to take part in the STAY AT HOME LITERARY FESTIVAL use the hashtag #SAHLF2021 via social media. Individual question prompts are also on Instagram with the handle @stayathomelitfest and for TikTok it’s @stay_at_home_lit_fest
Another link to the presentation https://www.stayathomelitfest.org/author-films/amanda-white/